|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|C||-||Loctite C5A Copper Anti-Seize||-|
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Climbing equipment may be required to access this service point. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Mounting and Dismounting" topic for safety information.
- Use Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to position swing drive (1) in the machine. The weight of the swing drive is approximately
57 kg (125 lb).
- Install the swing drive on dowels (4). Remove Tooling (A).
- Install protective plugs in two holes (4A) for the forcing screws.
Illustration 2 g00877639
Note: Install the thick washers in correct locations per disassembly notes on bolts (2).
- Apply Tooling (C) to the threads of bolts (2). Secure swing drive (1) with bolts (2). Tighten bolts (2). Connect drain tube (3).
Note: The swing drive is automatically lubricated by hydraulic oil.
- Fill the swing drive with approximately
1.5 L (0.4 US gal)of 10W oil.
- Install the swing motor.