Hot engine components can cause injury from burns. Before performing maintenance on the engine, allow the engine and the components to cool.
- Slide the rubber boot off the electrical connector, and remove nut (1). Remove the electrical connector from the stud.
- Remove bolts (2), and carefully lift elbow assembly (3) from the air inlet heater.
- Remove gasket (4), and remove air inlet heater (5) .
- Remove gasket (6) which is located under the air inlet heater.
Note: Check all gaskets for wear or for damage. Replace the gaskets, if necessary.
- Place gasket (6) on the inlet manifold.
- Install air inlet heater (5), and install gasket (4) .
- Install elbow assembly (3), and secure the elbow assembly with bolts (2). Make sure that the ground wire is connected to one of the bolts.
- Install the electrical connector on the stud, and tighten nut (1). Slide the rubber boot over the electrical connector.