Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
At operating temperature, the engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check the coolant level only after the engine has been stopped and the fill cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Remove the fill cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes to prevent personal injury.
- Disconnect two hoses (1) from the cap on the reserve tank assembly.
- Remove bolts (2), and remove bracket (3) .
- Remove reserve tank assembly (4) .
- Place reserve tank assembly (4) in position.
- Install bracket (3), and secure the bracket with bolts (2) .
- Connect two hoses (1) .
- Check the coolant level. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU7424-01, "Cooling System Level - Check".