Accidental machine starting can cause injury or death to personnel working on the machine.
To avoid accidental machine starting, turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position and remove the key. If the machine is not equipped with a battery disconnect switch, disconnect the battery cables from the battery and tape the battery clamps.
Place a do not operate tag at the battery disconnect switch location to inform personnel that the machine is being worked on.
- Remove bolts (1) from the outer edge of upper fan guard (2). Loosen lower bolts (3) which secure the upper fan guard to the lower fan guard. Remove the upper fan guard.
- Remove four bolts which attach fan (4) to the spacer, and place the fan against the radiator.
- Remove four bolts and two spacers (5) from the pulley. Remove the spacers, and remove the fan.
- Place the fan in the lower fan guard, and lay the fan against the radiator. Install two spacers (5), and fasten the spacers to the pulley with four bolts.
- Place fan (4) on the spacers, and secure the fan with four bolts.
- Place upper fan guard (2) in position. Install bolts (1) around the outer edge of the upper fan guard, and tighten bolts (3) which fasten the upper fan guard to the lower fan guard.