|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|6V-9510||Face Seal Plug||1|
- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic System Pressure - Release".
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (ZZ) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR IN THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Note: Put identification marks on all hose assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. Cap all fittings. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic oil is hot and under pressure. Hot oils can cause burns.
To prevent possible personal injury, release the pressure in the implement hydraulic circuit (boom, stick, bucket, and swing), travel circuits, and the hydraulic oil tank at the filler cap before any hydraulic lines or components are disconnected or removed.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch.
- Start the machine. Fully extend the stick. Fully extend the bucket. Lower the stick and the bucket to the ground.
Illustration 1 g00357232
- Attach a suitable lifting device to the rod end of the bucket cylinder, as shown. Put wood block (3) under the link assemblies as a support.
- Remove the nuts and retaining bolt (1). Remove pin (2).
Illustration 2 g00357292
- Raise bucket cylinder (4) until the cylinder is level. Attach a suitable lifting device to the head end of the bucket cylinder, as shown. Disconnect hose assemblies (5) from the bucket cylinder (4).
- Remove retaining bolt (6), the washer, pin assembly (7) and the spacer. Remove bucket cylinder (4). The weight of bucket cylinder (4) is approximately
84 kg (185 lb).
Note: Shims may be used between the stick and the bucket cylinder. These shims are used to adjust the lateral clearance between the components at the pin joint. Put identification marks on all shims for assembly purposes.
- Remove the shims that are used at the pin joint for the bucket cylinder.