Note: Put identification marks on all wires and on all plugs for installation purposes.
Accidental machine starting can cause injury or death to personnel working on the machine.
To avoid accidental machine starting, turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position and remove the key. If the machine is not equipped with a battery disconnect switch, disconnect the battery cables from the battery and tape the battery clamps.
Place a do not operate tag at the battery disconnect switch location to inform personnel that the machine is being worked on.
- Remove bolt (1) and the spacer. Remove screw (2) and the two wires.
- Disconnect two electrical plugs (3) and (4). Remove the boot, nut (5), and the wire from the terminal.
- Loosen bolt (8). Tighten bolt (6) in order to release tension on V-belts (7). Remove the V-belts from the alternator pulley.
- Loosen bolt (6) until there is enough clearance for removal of bolt (9). Remove bolts (8) and (9). Remove the alternator.
- Place the alternator in position, and install bolt (9) .
- Loosely install bolt (8). Install V-belts (7) on the alternator pulley.
- Adjust the V-belts to the proper tension. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU7424-01, "Water Pump Belt, Fan Drive Belt, and Alternator Belt".
- Tighten bolt (8) .
- Connect electrical plugs (3) and (4). Place the wire on the terminal, and tighten nut (5). Install the boot.
- Attach two wires to the terminal with screw (2). Install bolt (1) through the clip and the spacer.