- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic System Pressure - Release".
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses for installation purposes. Plug all hoses. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic oil is hot and under pressure. Hot oils can cause burns.
To prevent possible personal injury, release the pressure in the implement hydraulic circuit (boom, stick, bucket, and swing), travel circuits, and the hydraulic oil tank at the filler cap before any hydraulic lines or components are disconnected or removed.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch.
- A hydraulic oil sample should be obtained before any maintenance is performed in order to establish the system contaminant level. Refer to Fluid Analysis Laboratory Guide, SEBF3116, "Obtaining an Oil Sample for S·O·S Analysis". Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Sampling Interval and Location of Sampling Valve" for the correct location.
- Swing the upper structure of the machine in position in order to gain access to the cover that is located under the cab.
Top view of the machine
- Remove bolts (2) and cover (1) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (6), (7), (5), (4), and (3) from the pilot valve.
- Remove hydraulic connector (9) and (8) from the pilot valve.
Note: Mark the location of hydraulic connector (9) that has a filter for installation purposes.
- Remove rubber floormat (10) from the travel pedals.
- Remove rubber pedal (11) and (12) from the travel pedals.
- Remove bolts (15) from both travel pedals. Remove travel pedals (13) and (14) from the pilot valve.
- Remove bellows (16) from the pilot valve.
- Remove bolts (17) in order to release the pilot valve.
- Remove pilot valve (18) .