|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||5P-6214    ||Block Assembly    ||1    |
|B    ||1U-7630    ||Impact Socket    ||1    |
|C (1)    ||3S-6224    ||Electric Hydraulic Pump (115 Volt) (2)    ||1    |
|8T-0820||Hydraulic Pressure Gauge    ||1    |
|3B-7722||Pipe Bushing    ||2    |
|1P-2376||Quick Connect Coupler    ||2    |
|1P-2377||Dust Plug    ||2    |
|6D-7726||Hose Assembly    ||2    |
|5P-2380||Master Pin Press Arrangement    ||1    |
|( 1 )||Use Tooling (C) if the master pin can not be removed.|
|( 2 )||8S-8033 Electric Hydraulic Pump (230 Volt) is available.|
- Start the engine. Park the machine on a hard, level surface. Stop the engine.
- Release the tension on the track assembly. Loosen relief valve (1) by one turn only. If the track assembly does not loosen after opening the relief valve, move the machine forward and backward until the tension is released.
Grease is under high pressure.
Grease coming out of the relief valve under pressure can penetrate the body causing injury or death.
Do not watch the relief valve to see if grease is escaping. Watch the track or track adjustment cylinder to see if the track is being loosened.
Loosen the relief valve only one turn.
- Move the track assembly until master pin (2) is in the position that is shown. Put Tooling (A) under the track grouser, as shown. Move the track assembly onto Tooling (A) .
Note: To provide additional clearance for removal of the master pin, the track shoe on each side of the master pin may be removed. Use Tooling (B) in order to remove the track shoe mounting bolts.
- Remove cotter pin (3) from the master pin.
Personal injury can result from the track coming off of the roller frame.
The track can move off the track roller frame very quickly when a separation of the track is made.
Keep away from the front of the machine when the track is removed from the track roller frame.
Note: The spacer for the track will fall out of the track links when the track assembly is separated.
- Use a hammer and a punch to remove master pin (2) from the track links. Separate the track links. Remove the seals and inspect the seals for wear or for damage. Slowly move the machine forward until the track assembly is off the sprocket, the track carrier rollers and the front idler.
Note: If the track does not separate use Tooling (C) in order to remove the master pin. Move the track assembly until the master pin is in a position between the center track carrier roller and the rear track carrier roller. Remove the master pin. For further information, refer to Special Instruction, SMHS6954, "Track Disassembly".
- Fasten a suitable lifting device to the rear of the track assembly.
- Raise the track assembly off Tooling (A) .
- Remove Tooling (A). Lower the rear of the track assembly to the floor.