|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the camshaft.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Use Tooling (A) to remove camshaft gear (1) from camshaft (2). Use Tooling (B) to install camshaft gear (1) onto camshaft (2).
Illustration 2 g02721212
- Remove plate (3) from camshaft (2).
- If necessary, remove the key from the nose of the camshaft.
- Install camshaft gear (1) in the reverse order of removal.
- Ensure that the camshaft gear and the key are clean and free from wear and damage.