- Remove pistons and connecting rods.
If the crankshaft has been reground or replaced, the height of the piston above the cylinder block must be inspected. It is necessary to remove the cylinder head to inspect the height of the piston above the cylinder block.
Note: Before you disassemble, measure the side clearance of the crankshaft. Measure it when you reassemble.
- Remove bolts (1).
Illustration 2 g06016439
- Rotate crankshaft (2) and align the crankshaft journals with the reliefs (X) in the Cylinder Block. Use two people to pull the crankshaft out of the cylinder block. The weight of crankshaft (2) is approximately
24 kg (53 lb). Illustration 3 g06016479
- Remove bolts (3) and main bearing case assemblies (4).
Illustration 4 g06016876
- Remove main bearings (6) and thrust bearings (5).
Illustration 5 g06016885
- Remove crankshaft bearing (7).