- Release the system pressure.
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
- Remove bolts (1) and remove guard (2).
Illustration 2 g01346783
- Remove panel (3) and remove panel (5).
- Remove hand rail (4).
Illustration 3 g06015922 Illustration 4 g06015934
Note: The drift reduction valve is located on the let side of the main control valve.
- Disconnect tube assembly (7) and remove the O-ring seal from drift reduction valve (boom) (6). Remove bolts (8) and remove drift reduction valve (boom) (6) and the O-ring seals.
- Install drift reduction valve (boom) (6) in the reverse order of removal.