|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||385-8479||Hydraulic Pump and Motor||1|
|385-7874||Hydraulic Torque Wrench||1|
|C||216-3914||Track Repair Group||1|
|1U-9200||Lever Puller Hoist Gp||1|
|386-6031(1)||Lever Puller Hoist Gp||1|
|D||5P-6214(2)||Track Block Assembly||1|
|K||FT-1953||Indicator Gauge Gp||1|
|(1)||This part number complies with European requirements.|
|(2)||Can be used in place of Tooling (B)|
|(3)||Tooling will be needed for each side of the link assembly|
- Use a suitable lifting device to guide track assembly (5) onto sprocket (6).
Illustration 2 g00596224
- Install Tooling (E) between the bushing and the carrier roller.
- Rotate the sprocket forward. Use Tooling (E) to guide the track assembly over the carrier rollers and the front idler.
Illustration 3 g00874240
- Lift the track to install Tooling (B). Rotate the track forward until the master link is aligned.
Illustration 4 g06014800
- Use Tooling (F) to install seals (7). Install thrust rings (8).
Note: Use grease to hold the thrust rings (8) and seals (7) in the master link.
Illustration 5 g02149703
- Install Tooling (P) in the master link. Rotate the track backward to position the master link between the front idler and the carrier roller. Or position the master link between the carrier roller and the final drive.
- Use a suitable lifting device and Tooling (C) to install the master pin.
Note: The track pin will push the pilot pin through the center of the track link.
- Place the master pin between the Tooling (P) and Tooling (J). Use Tooling (C) to press the master pin into the proper location.
Illustration 6 g01525016 (AA) Pin projection
- Press the master pin into the bores of the master link with Tooling (J). The correct dimension for the pin projection is
2.00 ± 0.50 mm (0.079 ± 0.02 inch). Measure the pin projection with Tooling (K). Refer to Illustration 6 for the location of measurement. Illustration 7 g02941562 Components of Tooling (N). Illustration 8 g02932677
Note: Tooling (N) for swaging the track joints will require assembly. Refer to Illustration 7 for assembly.
- Install Tooling (N) onto Tooling (C).
- Set the hydraulic pump to
0 kPa (0 psi).
Note: Use Tooling (M) to position Tooling (A) onto the track links.
- Slowly extend the hydraulic cylinder until contact is made.
Note: If the track has already been swaged, rotate Tooling (N) to a distance of 45 degrees from the previous swage.
Illustration 9 g02573622 Typical Example Illustration 10 g02008374
- Orient both sides of the track pin with Tooling (G) to swage both sides of the master joint.
- Material from the link is pressed into a groove in the track pin. Refer to Illustration 10 as an example of a swaged boss.
- Apply a force of
670 kN (150623 lb)to swage.
- Remove Tooling (G) and Tooling (N).
- Use the following procedure to unlock the track joint before final assembly:
- After the pin boss has been swaged, all the internal components of the track link assembly are pressed together with zero end play. If the components remain pressed together, the track link assembly will not articulate. Galling will occur on the thrust rings.
- Unlocking a track joint is a process that is crucial to the success of a proper repair or proper installation. Unlocking is performed by applying a specified force to both ends of the track pin.
- As the specified force is released from the track pin, the track link, seal, and thrust ring will be carried slightly away from the bushing. The correct end play dimension is
0.07 + 0.13 - 0.07 mm (0.003 + 0.005 - 0.003 in).
- If the track joint is properly unlocked, the track joint will articulate. If the track joint is properly unlocked, galling will not occur on the thrust rings.
- Install Tooling (M) onto Tooling (L).
- Position Tooling (L) to unlock the track joint. Tooling (L) should only contact the track pin. If the Tooling contacts another track component, the track joint will not become unlocked. The correct force that is required to unlock the track joint is
444 kN (99816 lb).
- Verify that the track joint articulates. Use a pry bar to pry up on the track links.
- Measure the end play of the track joint. The correct end play dimension is
0.07 + 0.13 - 0.07 mm (0.003 + 0.005 - 0.003 in). Illustration 11 g06014651
- Use a suitable lifting device to position track shoe (4). The weight of track shoe (4) is approximately
36.20 kg (80 lb). Illustration 12 g01289403 Illustration 13 g06014209
- Clean the track shoes and inspect the track shoes. Install the track shoes onto the link assembly.
- Lubricate bolts (3) with SAE 30W Oil. Install bolts (3).
Note: Follow the correct pattern in Illustration 12 to torque the bolts.
- Use Tooling (A) to tighten bolts (3) to a torque turn of
400 ± 70 N·m (295 ± 52 lb ft)plus 120° ± 5°.
- Repeat Step 18 and Step 20 to install the other track shoe on the master link.
Illustration 14 g00899388 Illustration 15 g00899386
Personal injury or death can result from grease and oil coming out of the relief valve.
Grease and oil are under high pressure coming out of the relief valve and can penetrate the body.
Do not watch the relief valve to see if grease is escaping. Watch the track or track adjustment cylinder to see if the track is being loosened.
Make sure the vent holes are clean before the tension is released on the track.
- Tighten relief valve (2) for the track adjuster. Install cover (2). Adjust the tension of the track assembly. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Track Adjustment - Adjust".