- Remove crankshaft pulley.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove key (1) and sleeve (2) from the crankshaft.
Illustration 2 g02717557
- Remove crankshaft front seal (3).
- Install crankshaft front seal (3) in the reverse order of removal.
Note: The crankshaft front seal should be installed dry. Lubricate the inner rubber portion of the crankshaft front seal.
- Inspect the nose of the crankshaft for damage. Ensure that the crankshaft is clean and dry.