The AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET)
The AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET) is a software program that is used to access data. The service technician will use the ET in order to perform the maintenance on the machine. Some of the options that are available with the AVSpare Electronic Technician are listed below:
- Diagnosis of problems
- Viewing diagnostic codes
- Viewing active event codes and logged event codes
- View the status of parameters.
- Clear active diagnostic codes and clear logged diagnostic codes
- Perform calibration of machine systems.
- Program the ECM (Flash). This is done with the "WINflash" program. See Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Flash Program".
- Print reports.
See Troubleshooting, "Using the AVSpare Electronic Technician to Determine Diagnostic Codes". Diagnostic information is accessed with the following drop down menus:
- Active diagnostic codes
- Logged diagnostic codes
Logged Event Codes
Typical Cat ET screen for logged event codes
Logged events are provided with an indicator which is used to keep track of recurring or intermittent events. The data for the logged event shall include the following items: an event identifier (EID), a text description of the event, the number of occurrences of the event, a time stamp that shows the time that the event first occurred and a time stamp that shows the time that the event has most recently occurred.
Status Groups For The Electronic Technician
Typical Cat ET screen for parameters
The status groups are lists of machine parameters. The status of the parameters are shown in real time.