Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This diagnostic code is associated with the retract solenoid valve. The FMI 06 means that the ECM has determined that there is a short to ground in the circuit.
The possible causes of this diagnostic code are listed below:
- The energize circuit of the solenoid is shorted to ground.
- The solenoid has failed.
- The ECM has failed. This is unlikely.
Note: The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these created diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when the original diagnostic code has been corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 2237 FMI 06 is active before performing this procedure.
Note: Use the 146-4080 Digital Multimeter for the measurements in this procedure.
- The system will not initialize after power is cycled.
- The hydraulic functions for the extend, retract, reverse and forward are lost after power is cycled.
- There will be no effect to the systems after powerup until the next reset of the valve ECM.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE SOLENOID.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position. Do not start the engine.
- Observe the status of the diagnostic code.
- Disconnect the solenoid with the active diagnostic code from the machine harness.
The CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code changes to a CID 2237 FMI 05 diagnostic code when the solenoid is disconnected.
- YES - The CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code changes to a CID 2237 FMI 05 diagnostic code when the solenoid is disconnected. The circuit is correct.
Repair: The solenoid has failed. Repeat this test "CHECK THE SOLENOID" in order to verify the solenoid failure. Replace the solenoid.
- NO - The CID 2237 FMI 06 remains active. Proceed to Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. CHECK THE ENERGIZE CIRCUIT OF THE SOLENOID FOR A SHORT TO GROUND.
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- The solenoid remains disconnected from the machine harness.
- Disconnect the machine harness connector(s) from the machine ECM.
- At the machine harness connector, measure the resistance from the signal contact J1-59 (wire T971-OR) to all contacts that are used in the machine harness connectors for the machine ECM.
Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms.
- OK - Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms. The machine harness is correct. Proceed to Test Step 3.
- NOT OK - Each resistance measurement is not greater than 5000 ohms. There is a short in the machine harness. The short is between contact J1-59 (wire T971-OR) of the machine ECM and the circuit with the low resistance measurement.
Repair: Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.
Test Step 3. CHECK IF THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE REMAINS.
- Inspect the harness connectors and clean the contacts of the harness connectors.
- Reconnect all harness connectors.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position.
- Operate the machine.
- Check the status of the CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code.
The CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code is active.
- YES - The CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code is active. The diagnostic code has not been corrected. The ECM may have failed.
Repair: It is unlikely that the ECM has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. Replace the machine ECM if the cause of the diagnostic code is not found. See Troubleshooting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The CID 2237 FMI 06 diagnostic code is not active. The diagnostic code does not exist at this time.
Repair: The initial diagnostic code was probably caused by a poor electrical connection or a short at one of the harness connectors that was disconnected and reconnected. Resume normal machine operation.