Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This diagnostic code is recorded when the software location code for the Machine ECM does not match the hardware location codes.
The probable cause of this diagnostic code is software. The wrong software has been flashed into the Machine ECM.
Note: Do not change the hard wired location code if you have flashed the incorrect software into the control.
Test Step 1. VERIFY HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PART NUMBERS
- Verify whether the part number of the software for the Machine ECM is correct.
Consult the Business Unit that is producing the product for the correct configuration for the machine.
- OK - All part numbers are correct for the Machine ECM. Proceed to test step 2.
- NOT OK - All part numbers are NOT correct. The installed ECM has the wrong part number or incorrect configuration software is installed.
Repair: Replace the ECM with a module that has the correct part number or flash the correct configuration software. See Troubleshooting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Flash Program".
Test Step 2. VERIFY WHETHER THE LOAVSION CODE MATCHES THE ET STATUS SCREEN.
- Check the Cat ET status screen in order to verify the location code .
The location codes in the Cat ET are correct.
- OK - The location codes in the Cat ET are correct. Proceed to test step 3.
- NOT OK - The location codes are not correct.
Repair: Repeat this test step in order to verify that the software and hardware part numbers are correct.
Proceed to Test Step 3 if the part numbers are correct.
Test Step 3. INSPECT HARNESS CONNECTIONS
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Inspect the harness connections that are related to the location codes. Make sure that the connectors are clean. Make sure that the connectors are tight.
- Check for the proper mating of the connector.
- Check all wires at the connector.
- Check each wire for nicks. Check each wire for signs of abrasion in the insulation.
- Check for moisture at the connector.
- Check for dirty contacts or corroded contacts.
- Check each pin and check each socket.
The machine harness connectors are tight and the machine harness connectors are free of corrosion.
- OK - The machine harness connectors are tight and the machine harness connectors are free from corrosion.
Repair: If the cause of the problem can not be found, The ECM may have failed. Prior to replacing an ECM, always contact your dealership for possible consultation with AVSpare. This consultation may greatly reduce repair time. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, replace the ECM. Refer to Troubleshooting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NOT OK - One or more of the machine harness connectors are in need of repair.
Repair: Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.