Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This diagnostic code is recorded when the ECM reads a diagnostic code that is internal in the ECM.
The possible causes of this diagnostic code are listed:
- The engine control module does not provide engine speed.
The machine response is listed:
- Implement valve calibrations will not work.
- The pilot on/off solenoid valve will shut off if the hydraulic control lever is in the HOLD position.
Note: Ensure that the diagnostic code is active and that the diagnostic code indicator is active.
Test Step 1. CHECK FOR THE COMPATIBILITY OF THE SOFTWARE.
- For the correct software part numbers, refer to the Electronics Groups in the parts manual for the machine that is being serviced .
The software is compatible.
- YES - The software is compatible. Proceed to Test Step 2.
- NO - The software is not compatible.
Repair: Install the correct software. If any modules have been replaced, ensure that the correct part number was used.
If this does not resolve the problem, proceed to Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. VERIFY THAT THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE IS PRESENT.
- Turn the key start switch to the OFF position.
- Turn the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Remove connectors J1 and J2 from the ECM. Check for connector damage or corrosion. Reconnect connectors J1 and J2.
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the ON position.
- Clear all inactive diagnostic codes.
- Operate the machine.
- Ensure that the diagnostic code is active.
The diagnostic code is not active.
- YES - The diagnostic code is not active.
Repair: The diagnostic code is not active now. Disconnecting and reconnecting the connector corrected the code.
- NO - The diagnostic code is active.
Repair: For additional information about troubleshooting this diagnostic code, refer to Troubleshooting, SENR1394, "AVSpare Monitoring System" for the machine that is being serviced.