Conditions Which Generate This Code:
Schematic of the "Ride Control Switch"
This diagnostic code is associated with the "Ride Control Switch". This switch has three positions:
- A normally closed center position
- A normally open position (wire E701-PK)
- A normally open position (wire F748-WH)
During normal operation, both switch inputs are open. This diagnostic code is detected when both switch inputs are closed at the same time.
The possible causes of this diagnostic code are listed:
- Short to the ground circuit.
- The circuit is shorted.
- A failed switch
- The ECM may have failed. This is unlikely.
Note: The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these created diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when the original diagnostic code has been corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 0367 FMI 04 is active before performing this procedure.
Note: Use the 146-4080 Digital Multimeter for the measurements in this procedure.
A level 2 warning is generated.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE CIRCUIT FOR THE SWITCH.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the J1 machine harness connector from the ECM.
- At the J1 machine harness connector, measure the resistance from contact J1-41 (wire F748-WH) to contact J2-46 (wire E701-PK) with the switch in the Enabled position and the Disabled position.
The measurement of the resistance is between 5 ohms and 5000 ohms for each switch position.
- YES - The resistance is correct for each measurement. Proceed to Test Step 3.
- NO - The resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms for one or both measurements. The harness or the switch has failed. Proceed to Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. CHECK FOR A SHORT.
- Disconnect the switch from the harness.
- At the J1 machine harness connector, measure the resistance from contact J1-41 and contact J2-46 to all other J1 and J2 contacts.
The resistance measurement should be greater than 5000 ohms for each measurement.
- OK - The resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms for each measurement.
Repair: Replace the switch.
Proceed to Test Step 3.
- NOT OK - The resistance measurement is not greater than 5000 ohms for one or more measurements.
Repair: The short is in the circuit with the low resistance measurement. Repair the harness or replace the harness. Verify that the problem has been corrected.
Test Step 3. CHECK IF THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE REMAINS
- Inspect the contacts of the harness connectors and clean the harness connectors.
- Reconnect all the harness connectors.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position.
- Operate the machine.
- Check the status of the CID 0367 FMI 04 diagnostic code.
The CID 0367 FMI 04 diagnostic code is active.
- YES - The CID 0367 FMI 04 diagnostic code is active. The diagnostic code has not been corrected. The ECM may have failed.
Repair: It is unlikely that the ECM has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, replace the ECM. See Troubleshooting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The CID 0367 FMI 04 diagnostic code is not active. The diagnostic code does not exist at this time.
Repair: The initial diagnostic code was probably caused by a poor electrical connection or a short at one of the harness connectors that was disconnected and reconnected. Resume normal machine operation.