|"Travel on Level Ground - Test (Optional Test)"|
|Time For Three Revolutions (time in seconds)|
|Undercarriage||Travel Speed||New||Service Limit||Actual|
|Standard||HIGH||Forward||25.6 or less||33.3 or less|
|LOW||Forward||32.3 or less||42.0 or less|
|Long||HIGH||Forward||27.0 or less||35.1 or less|
|LOW||Forward||34.3 or less||44.6 or less|
When the procedure for the Travel on Level Ground cannot be performed, this test may be used as a substitute.
Note: The engine speed and/or the machine configuration that is used during this test can affect the results of this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Engine Performance - Test (Engine Speed)" for the engine speed that was used for this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Operational Checks" for the machine configurations that were used for this test.
Note: The relief valve pressure settings must be set to the relief valve pressure specification before performing this operational check. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Specifications".
- Start the engine.
- Position the machine on level ground.
- Place the hydraulic activation control lever in the UNLOCKED position.
- Increase the hydraulic oil temperature to
55° ± 5°C (131° ± 9°F). Illustration 1 g00297292
- Raise a track off the ground. Refer to Illustration 1.
- Put a mark on a shoe of the raised track.
- Place the machine controls at the following settings: Engine speed dial "10" and AEC switch OFF.
- Place the travel speed control switch in HIGH position.
- Move the travel lever of the raised track to full travel position.
- Measure the time that is required for the raised track to make three complete revolutions. Measure the time that is required in each direction.
Note: The difference in times between forward and reverse should not exceed 0.5 seconds for HIGH travel speed and 1.0 seconds for LOW travel speed.
- Place the travel speed control switch in the LOW position and repeat Steps 9 through 10.