|Part Number||Part Name||Qty|
|9U-6274||Compression Test Tool Gp||1|
The following conditions can affect the results of the cylinder compression test:
- Condition of the starting motor
- Ambient conditions
- Quality of the compression gauge
Checking compression of engine|
- Remove the injector lines and the injection nozzles.
- Set the fuel injection pump to zero delivery (disconnect the fuel cutoff solenoid)
- Turn the engine.
- Install a compression gauge on the cylinder to be measured.
- Use the starter to turn the engine Read the pressure on the gauge.
- If the measured value is at the limit or below the limit, overhaul the engine.
Table 2 Standard at Assembly Repair Limit Compression Pressure(1) 33 ± 1 bar (479 ± 15 psi) 26 ± 1 bar (377 ± 15 psi) (1) The compression pressure is taken at 250 rpm.
Be sure to measure the compression on all of the cylinders. If all of the cylinders are not checked an improper diagnosis may result. The compression pressure will vary with the change in engine rpm. It is necessary to keep the engine rpm constant for all cylinders when you are taking a compression reading.