Travel lock function block diagram
ECM connections for machines in the following serial number ranges: BDR1-2000, BDM1-2000, BDX1-2000, BCZ1-2000, BDK1-2000, BDY1-2000 and BEB1-2000.
ECM connections for machines in the following serial number ranges: BDR2001-UP, BDM2001-UP, BDX2001-UP, BCZ2001-UP, BDK2001-UP, BDY2001-UP, BEB2001-UP, H2A1-UP, H2B1-UP, H2C1-UP, H2D1-UP, H2E1-UP, H2F1-UP and H2G1-UP.
The ability to operate the machine at a set travel speed for an extended period is enabled when the ECM activates the travel lock function. When the ECM activates travel lock, the magnet will hold the travel pedal in the fully depressed position.
Activation of the Travel Speed Lock
In order for the ECM to activate the travel lock magnet, the following conditions must be correct.
- The left armrest must be in the DOWN position as indicated by the armrest limit switch.
- The service brakes must not be activated as indicated by the service brake pressure switch (open).
- The travel pedal must be fully depressed as indicated by the travel pedal limit switch or the travel pedal position sensor.
- The "travel lock control" switch on the SSP must be pressed as indicated from the Monitor on the CAN data link.
- The parking brake is OFF.
- The brake system hydraulic pressure must be within the normal range as indicated by the brake oil accumulator pressure switch (switch closed to ECM ground).
- The transmission hydraulic pressure must be within the normal limits as indicated by the transmission (clutch) pressure sensor.
When the ECM detects that these conditions are correct, the ECM will apply + battery power to the travel lock magnet.
When ANY ONE of the following conditions occur, the ECM will turn OFF the travel lock magnet.
- The operator presses the service brake pedal.
- The operator presses the travel lock control switch on the SSP.
- The left armrest is raised. DO NOT RAISE THE ARMREST DURING TRAVEL.
If an active diagnostic code occurs for the armrest position switch or the travel pedal limit switch / travel pedal position sensor, the travel lock function will be disabled.
When the machine limp home mode is active, the travel lock function will be disabled.
This function can be installed or uninstalled using the Cat ET configuration screen.