Refueling function block diagram
Refueling function connections for machines in the following serial number ranges: BDR1-2000, BDM1-2000, BDX1-2000, BCZ1-2000, BDK1-2000, BDY1-2000 and BEB1-2000.
Refueling function connections for machines in the following serial number ranges: BDR2001-UP, BDM2001-UP, BDX2001-UP, BCZ2001-UP, BDK2001-UP, BDY2001-UP, BEB2001-UP, H2A1-UP, H2B1-UP, H2C1-UP, H2D1-UP, H2E1-UP, H2F1-UP and H2G1-UP.
The refueling function allows the machine to be refueled in the field.
The ECM will cause the refueling pump relay to be energized in one of two methods depending on the machine configuration. For machines equipped with the forward and reverse travel pressure switches (see block diagram), the ECM will energize the relay by enabling +battery power on wire T776-GY to pass through the coil of the relay and return to ECM ground through wire H805-BR. For machines equipped with the travel pedal position sensor (see block diagram), the ECM will energize the coil of the relay by grounding wire T776-GY which will allow +battery power to pass through the coil of the relay from wire 139-OR.
When the fuel pump switch is pressed, the machine ECM will allow the coil of the refueling pump relay to energize. The secondary contacts of the relay will close and allow +battery power to activate the refueling pump. All of the following conditions are required in order for the ECM to allow the relay to energize:
- The fuel pump switch is pressed to the ON position.
- The left armrest is in the UP position.
- The fuel level sensor indicates that the fuel level is less than 95 percent.
- The engine ECM will send the information to the machine ECM that will indicate that the RPM of the engine is zero.
If all of these conditions are not correct when the ECM causes the relay to energize, then the ECM will de-energize the refueling relay. If any of these conditions are changed to a false state when the refueling procedure is taking place, the ECM will de-energize the refueling relay.
The ECM will de-energize the relay if any of the following events occur:
- The time that is required to fill an empty tank is exceeded. This information is programmed into the machine ECM for each machine model. For all M300C models, the time that is programmed is 18 minutes.
- 120 seconds have passed without the fuel level sensor indicating a change in the fuel level.
When the refueling pump relay is activated, all other outputs of the machine ECM are de-energized. If there is an active diagnostic code for the armrest position switch, the ECM will not allow the refueling pump relay to be energized.