The Program Module in the 1U9801 Ultrasonic Wear Indicator contains the software instructions that control the indicator operation and display.
The Program Module is available in different languages and can be easily changed, using the procedures in this publication.
This feature allows the indicator display to be understood by users in their own language.
The following list of available Program Modules are in the order of Form Number, Language, and Software Version Number Suffix:
- NEXG4515 (English) 1ENFXG4515 (French) FNGXG4515 (German) GNSXG4515 (Spanish) S
1Early units will not display the Software Version Number Suffix.
The software version number installed in the indicator can be viewed without removing the back cover.
Refer to Viewing the Software Version Screen, in this publication, for a screen display for 1989 and 1990 English Version.
When you order any of these form numbers, you will receive the latest version of the Program Module and installation instructions.
The label on the Program Module shows the software version number.
If changes are made to the software, the version number will change.
Refer to Viewing the Software Version Screen, in this publication.
Viewing the Software Version Screen
The version number of the software that is in use in the Ultrasonic Wear Indicator can be viewed on the display in the following manner:
1. Turn the indicator OFF.
2. Press and hold down the LOC/MACH key and press ON/OFF to turn the indicator ON.
Example of display for 1989 English version.
Example of display for 1990 English version.
When the indicator comes on the software version screen is displayed as shown above. The examples shown are for the English versions.
Replacement of the Program Module
All information which is stored in the indicator will be lost and CANNOT be retrieved when the program module is changed.
If it is desirable to save this information it MUST be recorded before changing the module.
The program module is packaged in a container to protect it from static discharge.
Before touching the module in the container, or removing from the indicator, be sure to discharge any static electricity in your body by touching a grounded surface.
Back view of 1U9801 Ultrasonic Wear Indicator with cover installed.
1. Remove six screws (1) from cover (2).
2. Remove cover (2).
Back side of 1U9801 Ultrasonic Wear Indicator with cover removed for access to the Program Module.
3. Locate small connector (3) near the upper right corner of the battery holder with two wires coming from it.
Separate connector (3) by pulling gently on the plug.
This will disconnect the batteries from the indicator to prevent damage while changing the program module.
Remove the Program Module with fingers ONLY by pulling up on the tabs on each end of the Program Module.
Do not use any mechanical tool to remove the Program Module or damage may occur.
4. Locate and remove Program Module (4) in the center of the large printed circuit board above the batteries.
5. Install the new Program Module into the empty socket.
NOTE: The Module and socket are keyed so it can only be installed in the correct (seated) position.
6. Locate the two bare pins which are still attached to the printed circuit board on connector (3) which were separated in Step 3.
Use a screwdriver or paper clip to short these two pins together for at least five seconds.
This will reset the indicator microprocessor.
Then connect the two halves of the two pin connector back together until they snap in place.
7. Install rear cover (2) and replace six screws (1).
8. Turn the indicator ON and check for correct operation.
List of Undercarriage Storage LOC(ation) Displays
Other Words Displayed
- 1 LOW2 MODERATE3 HIGH1 LESSER2 GREATER1 ULTRASONIC2 CALIPER3 DEPTH GAUGE(SAVED)(PROBE)MEMORY PASSEDMEMORY FAILEDEPROM FAILEDOKAYFAILEDPASSEDSOFTWARE VERSIONAUTO TURNOFFMANUAL TURNOFFSerial TransferGage => ComputerGage =< ComputerCLEAR MACHINE(CLEAR)SER: 300SER: 1200VEL:OFFVEL:VEL=MACH
For additional information or assistance contact the AVSpare Service Technology Group.AVSpare Service Technology Group
Attn: Product Support Manager
600 West Washington Street
East Peoria, IL
1-800-541-8665 Inside Illinois
1-800-542-8665 Outside Illinois
1-309-657-6277 Outside North America
Outside of North America use Telex #404435
U.S. MailAVSpare Service Technology Group
600 West Washington St., LD180
East Peoria, IL