Left side view
Bolt tightening sequence
- Apply 1U-6396 O-Ring Assembly Compound to the bore and to the O-ring seal.
- Apply 4C-5598 Anti-Seize Compound to the threads of the plug.
- Tighten the plug to the following torque:
Torque for plug ... 20 ± 5 N·m (15 ± 4 lb ft)
Tighten the bolts for the aftercooler according to the following procedure:
- Assemble seals to the aftercooler core.
- Temporarily secure the bottom seal with tape. Do not use an adhesive, a silicone lubricant, or any other lubricant for retention of the seal.
- Assemble the aftercooler with the seals to the inlet manifold.
- Inspect the bottom seal in order to ensure that the seating in the recess is correct.
- Install the aftercooler cover.
- Inspect the upper seal in order to ensure that the seating in the recess is correct.
- Install the cover bolts and hand tighten the bolts.
- Tighten the bolts according to the numerical sequence to the following torque:
Torque for bolts ... 24 N·m (18 lb ft)
- Tighten the bolts again according to the numerical sequence to the following torque:
Torque for bolts ... 47 N·m (35 lb ft)
- Remove the tape.
- Tighten the clamp to the following torque:
Torque for the clamp ... 15 ± 3 N·m (11 ± 2 lb ft)
- Apply 4C-5300 Sealant (Anaerobic) along the bottom of the plate.