- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the bucket to the ground so that the stick is vertical.
Illustration 2 g00579094
- Clean the area thoroughly in order to keep dirt out of the screen cover. Clean the area thoroughly in order to keep dirt out of the fill/vent plug.
- Relieve the internal pressure from the hydraulic tank by loosening the fill/vent plug. After the pressure is relieved, remove the fill/vent plug.
Illustration 3 g00838410 (1) Bolts
- Remove bolts (1), washers (2) and cover (3).
Note: Do not allow spring (4) to fall back into the tank.
- Remove spring (4) and screen (5).
Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance, "General Hazard Information" for information on containing fluid spillage.
- Wash the screen in a clean nonflammable solvent. Allow the screen to dry. Inspect the screen. Replace the screen, if the screen is damaged.
Illustration 4 g00838411 (6) O-ring seal
(7) O-ring seal
- Inspect O-ring seals (6) and (7). Replace the O-ring seals if wear or damage is evident.
- Install screen (5) and spring (4). Then install cover (3), washers (2), and bolts (1).
Note: Make sure that the O-ring seals and the spring are properly positioned during installation.
- Inspect the O-ring seal on the filler plug for damage. Replace the O-ring, if necessary. Clean the filler plug. Install the filler plug.