Turn the disconnect switch OFF or disconnect the battery when changing fuel filters.
Do not fill fuel filters with fuel before installing them. Contaminated fuel will cause accelerated wear to fuel system parts.
- Unlatch the engine hood and raise the engine hood.
Illustration 2 g00807781
- Remove the two fuel filters.
- Inspect the fuel filters for debris by cutting the fuel filters open.
Note: The fuel filters are cartridge type filters. The filters cannot be reused.
Note: Dispose of used filters and used fluids according to local regulations.
- Clean the filter mounting bases. Make sure that all of the old seal is removed.
Illustration 3 g00101634
- Lubricate the seal of the new filter with clean diesel fuel.
- Install the new filters by hand. Additionally tighten the filter by 3/4 of a turn, after the gasket contacts the filter base.
Every new filter has four rotation index marks. Each mark indicates 1/4 turn. Use these rotation index marks as a guide for proper tightening.
- Prime the fuel system. Refer to Operation and Maintenance, "Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate".