Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact the skin.
(1) Filter cover
(2) Breaker relief valve for 4CS1-147
(1) Filter cover
(2) Breaker relief valve for 4CS148-UP
The hydraulic tank is located in the center rear of the first level operator's platform behind the access door. The hydraulic tank filters are located behind filter covers (1) on top of the hydraulic tank.
- Open the access door and enter the left hand enclosure.
- Press button (2) on the breaker relief valve in order to relieve the pressure in the hydraulic tank.
- Remove six filter covers (2) .
- Inspect the seals in the filter covers and replace the seals, if necessary.
- There are 12 long filter elements inside the hydraulic tank. Remove the 12 filters (two per tube) and discard the filters according to local regulations.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Install 12 new long filter elements (2 per tube).
- Install filter covers (1) .
- Check the oil level on sight gauge (4) .
For a cold machine, the hydraulic oil should completely fill the sight gauge. For a machine that is at normal operating temperature, the hydraulic oil should be above the "ADD" mark.
Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Level - Check" for information on checking the oil level and adding oil.
- Remove filler cap (3) slowly. Check the O-ring seal of the filler cap. Replace the O-ring seal if the seal is damaged.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Before removing the filler cap, press the valve relief button on the hydraulic tank in order to relieve the tank pressure.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve any remaining pressure.
Never remove the hydraulic tank filler cap from the hydraulic tank if the oil is hot.
Air can enter the system which can cause pump damage.
- Clean filler cap (3) and install the filler cap.