Note: Observe the following guidelines when you perform the procedure:
- Park the machine on a level surface.
- Stop the engine before you perform the procedure.
- Make sure that the radiator fan comes to a complete stop before you open the radiator access door.
- Remove bolts (1) from the radiator access door.
- Open the radiator access door and secure the access door.
- Check the radiator fins and the screen for debris.
- Remove foreign material from the radiator fins and from the screen.
Note: In order to remove dust from a radiator and debris from a radiator, compressed air is preferred. High pressure water can be used and steam can also be used.
- Close the radiator access door and install bolts (1).
See Special Publication, SEBD0518, "Know Your Cooling System" for more information on cleaning the radiator fins.