This engine has an inlet manifold heater for cold weather starting. Do not use other types of starting aids such as ether. Such use could result in an explosion and personal injury.
Be sure no one is working on or close to the machine.
Fasten the seat belt.
- 1. Engage the parking brake.
- 2. Lower all implements to the ground and move the hydraulic controls to the HOLD position.
- 3. Move the directional lever to NEUTRAL.
- 4. Move the governor control lever to the LOW IDLE position.
- 5. Turn the key to the START position.
- 6. Release the key after the engine starts.
If the engine does not start after 20 seconds of cranking, stop cranking. Allow two minutes for the starting motor to cool to avoid damage to starting motor.
For starting below -18°C (0°F), use of optional cold weather starting aids is recommended. A coolant heater, fuel heater, jacket water heater or extra battery capacity may be required.
At temperatures below -18°C (0°F), consult your AVSpare dealer, or refer to the "Cold Weather Recommendations" Operation and Maintenance Guide, Form SEBU5898, available from your AVSpare dealer.
Starting Aid - Heat Start (If Equipped)
NOTE: Cold weather could require activation of the heat start system.
Starting With Boost Cables
When boost starting machine, refer to the instructions that follow to properly start the machine.
When using external electrical source to start machine, turn key switch off and remove key before attaching booster cables.
This machine has a 24 Volt starting system. Use only equal voltage for boost starting. Use of welder or higher voltage will damage electrical system.
- 1. Move the directional control lever to neutral.
- 2. Engage the parking brake.
- 3. Lower all implements to the ground and move all hydraulic controls to the HOLD position.
- 4. Turn the start key to the OFF position. Move the governor control lever all the way forward.
- 5. Raise the battery compartment access cover.
- 6. Lift the clamp protector out of the way. Fasten the positive (+) terminal to the booster and from the booster to the positive (+), red cable post on the machine to be started.
- 7. Fasten the negative (-) terminal to the booster and from the booster to the machine frame away from and below the battery of the machine to be started.
- 8. Start the engine.
- 9. After the engine starts, disconnect the negative (-) cable from the machine frame ground.
- 10. Disconnect the positive (+) terminal on the battery.
- 11. Disconnect the cable from the negative (-) terminal on the boost power source.
- 12. Disconnect the cable from the positive (+) terminal on the boost power source.
- 13. Close the access cover.