Personal injury or death can result from the bucket falling.
Block the bucket before changing bucket tips.
(2) Replace the tip.
(3) Replace the tip.
Check the bucket tips for wear. If the bucket tip has a hole, replace the bucket tip.
- Remove the pin from the bucket tip. The pin can be removed by one of the following methods.
- Use a hammer and a punch from the retainer side of the bucket to drive out the pin.
- Use a Pin-Master. Follow Step 1.a through Step 1.c for the procedure.
- Place the Pin-Master on the bucket tooth.
- Align extractor (5) with the pin.
- Strike the Pin-Master at the back of the tool (4) and remove the pin.
Illustration 2 g00590670 (4) Back of Pin-Master
Illustration 3 g00590819 (6) Retainer
(7) Retaining washer
- Clean the adapter and the pin.
- Fit retainer (6) into retaining washer (7). Install this assembly into the groove that is in the side of adapter (8).
Illustration 4 g00101359
- Install the new bucket tip onto the adapter.
Note: The bucket tip can be rotated by 180 degrees to allow greater penetration or less penetration.
- Drive the pin through the bucket tip. The pin can be installed by using one of the following methods:
- From the other side of the retainer, drive the pin through the bucket tip, the adapter, and the retainer.
- Use a Pin-Master. Follow Step 5.a through Step 5.e for the procedure.
Note: To correctly install the pin into the retainer, the pin must be driven in from the right side of the tooth. Improper installation of the pin can result in the loss of the bucket tip.
- Insert the pin through the bucket tooth.
- Place the Pin-Master over the bucket tooth and locate the pin in the hole of holder (10).
- Strike the tool with a hammer at the back of the tool (4) in order to start the pin.
- Slide pin holder (10) away from the pin and rotate the tool slightly to align pin setter (9) with the pin.
- Strike the end of the tool until the pin is fully inserted.
Illustration 5 g00590666 (4) Back of Pin-Master
(9) Pin setter
(10) Pin holder
- After you drive the pin, make sure that the retainer fits snugly into the pin groove.