Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Location of filler plug (1) and drain plug (2) for the front axle differential.|
Location of filler plug (1) and drain plug (2) for the rear axle differential.|
- Remove drain plugs (2). Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Clean drain plugs (2) and install drain plugs (2).
- Wipe off filler plugs (1) and the surfaces around filler plugs (1).
- Remove filler plugs (1). Fill the axles with oil.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities and Refill Capacities" for the type of lubricant and quantity of lubricant for the refill capacity.
- Clean filler plugs (1) and install filler plugs (1) to a torque of
45 ± 6 N·m (33 ± 4 lb ft).